How do I create a blog on a WordPress site to earn money?
To create a blog on a WordPress site and earn money, you can follow these steps:
- Purchase a domain name and hosting plan. You can do this through a domain registrar such as GoDaddy or a hosting provider like Bluehost. There are many to choose from do your due diligence, check your budget and write all the passwords down safely
- Install WordPress on your hosting account. This can typically be done through your hosting control panel or with the help of a one-click WordPress installation tool. If you cannot do that then you can pay for someone to do it for you. It will all depend on your budget, time, energy & effort
- Choose a theme for your blog. WordPress has a large selection of free and premium themes that you can use to customise the design and layout of your blog. Start with simple most can be swapped over later if you want to or they can be added to with plugins etc. This depends a lot on your level of experience with tech or your willingness to learn
- Create and publish blog posts. You can use the WordPress editor to write and format your posts, and then publish them by clicking the “Publish” button.
- Monetise your blog. There are several ways to earn money from your blog, including through advertising, sponsored content, and selling products or services. Some popular options include Google AdSense, sponsored posts, and affiliate marketing. Do not let this choice stop you from starting. Start and get perfect later, your 1st step is to post and attract your audience
It’s important to note that creating a successful blog that generates income takes time, effort, and consistency. To increase your chances of success, you should focus on creating high-quality content that resonates with your audience, building a strong social media presence, and consistently promoting your blog.
Bloggers write about a wide variety of subjects, including but not limited to:
- Personal experiences and stories
- Fashion and style
- Food and cooking
- Health and wellness
- Parenting and family
- Beauty and skincare
- DIY and home improvement
- Technology and gadgets
- Business and Finance
- Education and Learning
- Marketing and social media
- Sports and Fitness
- Hobbies and interests
- News and current events
Bloggers may choose to focus on one specific subject or write about a variety of topics, depending on their interests and goals. Some bloggers may write about their personal experiences, while others may provide advice, reviews, or tutorials on a particular subject.
Ultimately, the choice of subject matter for a blog is up to the blogger and depends on their passions and the audience they want to reach.
Either way, creating content is vital for raising your profile and creating your reputation
There are sites that you can blog to without having your own site. Ultimately people may well search your name to see who you are so a personal website is always a good idea – if you can’t be found on Google. Do you exist in the 21st C? (I sometimes wonder)
There are several websites that act as third-party blogging platforms, allowing users to create and publish blogs on their sites. Some popular options include:
- WordPress.com: This is a blogging platform that is owned by the same company that develops the WordPress content management system (CMS). WordPress.com offers a variety of features and tools for creating and managing blogs, including customisable themes, a visual editor, and support for multimedia content.
- Blogger: This is a free blogging platform owned by Google that allows users to create and publish blogs with minimal setup and no coding required.
- Tumblr: This is a social networking and microblogging platform that allows users to create and follow blogs, as well as share and interact with content from other users.
- Medium: This is a blogging platform and publishing platform that allows users to create and publish long-form articles and blog posts.
- Wix: This is a website builder and hosting platform that offers a variety of tools and features for creating and managing blogs, including customisable templates, a drag-and-drop editor, and support for multimedia content.
- Squarespace: This is a website builder and hosting platform that offers a variety of templates and tools for creating and managing blogs, including a visual editor, support for multimedia content, and integrations with social media and email marketing tools.Do your research, choose the process and get going – please read the article on procrastination. It may help as well
And possibly buy the book Goal Setting – The Practical How to Guide to help you with your planning and organisation