Why have hope?
Hope is a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. It is a feeling of positivity that can help you to overcome challenges and difficult times.
It is an important emotion to have and utilise because:
- Hope helps you to keep going when things are tough
- Hope gives you the motivation and determination to keep on towards your goals
- Hope provides a light at the end of a tunnel when the path ahead seems difficult or uncertain
- Hope has a positive impact on your mental and physical health
- Hope can help you to cope with adversity
- Hope can give you the strength to keep going
- Hope provides you to find ways to overcome challenges
- Hope can help you find meaning and purpose in your life.
When you have hope, you are more likely to persevere and work hard to achieve your dreams.
Studies have shown that people who have a hopeful outlook are generally more resilient and have better overall health. Hope can reduce stress, improve immune function, and lower the risk of developing certain diseases.
Hope is not just a personal feeling, it can have a ripple effect on those around you. Remember positivity spreads it is energy which emanates from you to others.
Which can create a positive cycle of hope and positivity that can have a positive impact on your relationships, and the world around you.
It’s important to note that hope is not the same as optimism. Optimism is a tendency to expect the best possible outcome, while hope is a desire for a certain outcome to happen and the belief that it is possible. Hope involves action and effort, while optimism is more passive.
“Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird, that cannot fly.”
I will write again on Optimism & if you would like this delivered directly to your inbox weekly on a Wednesday morning please complete the connect to me box